wiki:IETF94

Version 7 (modified by watteyne@…, 7 years ago) (diff)

--

IETF 94 Summaries

6TiSCH

The 2-hour 6TiSCH meeting focused mainly on 3 elements:

  • rechartering. This has been discussed during 2 interim meetings, and the text presented at the WG meeting summarized the conclusions from those discussions. The proposed new charter builds upon the old charter, and introduces dynamic scheduling of cells. Several constructive remarks were made about the presentation of the different work items; the chairs took as action items to integrate those in proposed charter text, and to transmit it to the IESG.
  • the main technical part of the meeting was dedicated to the draft-wang-6tisch-6top-sublayer-03 and draft-dujovne-6tisch-6top-sf0-00 drafts (both of which are complementary). No major issues were raised about these draft, but the WG asked a number of clarifying technical questions and make some smal suggestions the authors agreed to integrate.
  • a presentation of draft-thubert-6tisch-4detnet-01, which links the work done at 6TiSCH with the work done at DetNet?. The chairs asked for more feedback on the document on the mailing.

A number of other points were raised:

  • draft-ietf-6tisch-minimal-12 was transmitted to the IESG a couple of weeks before the IETF94 meeting. Three constructive reviews were sent back to the WG. To advance the work on the draft, and in the interest of time, the reviews are discussed on the ML. We had a discussion on the status of the draft (currently Proposed Standard), which we will conclude on the ML.
  • We announced the second 6TiSCH plugtests event to be held on 2-4 February 2016 in Paris, France, organized by ETSI and hosted by Inria.
  • We had an announcement about a Study Group created at the IEEE around defining an LLC which could include work from the 6TiSCH and 6lo WGs, as well as a KMP and L2R routing protocol. We agreed to continue the IETF/IEEE liaison around that aspect. The same announcement was made in the 6lo and ROLL WGs, with a longer presentation at the INT Area session.

The full minutes, the detailed action items and the presented slides are published in the IETF material manager. The meeting was recorded through Meetecho, and the recording (audio+video) is available.

DHC

The DHC wg met on Thursday (11/5) for 2 hours with the following presentations:

  1. YANG Data Model for DHCPv6 Configuration, Linhui Sun
  2. Relay Initiated Release, Sunil M Gandhewar
  3. Moving forward on Secure DHCPv6, Tomek Mrugalski & Lishan Li
  4. DHCPv6 Failover Update, Bernie Volz (for Kim Kinnear)
  5. DHCPv6 Prefix Length hint issues, Lishan Li (for Tianxiang Li)
  6. DHCPv6bis update & issues discussion, Bernie Volz

(more details to come)

DPRIVE

The DPRIVE (DNS Privacy Exchange) WG met on Monday 5 November. Presentations included dns-over-tls, dns-over-dtls, dprive-privacy-eval. There was a presentation on a new possible encryption mechanism dprive-dnsenc. We discussed a path forward, and then the chairs did an interpretive dance.

meeting outcome:

  • more reading of the DTLS document
  • more reading of the DTLS document
  • Split the authenication into a separate document

DNSSD

Chairs opened the meeting with agenda bashing and document status update (documents accepted as WG documents):

draft-ietf-dnssd-hybrid-01

  • Will consider for WG last call today
  • Does this document meet the requirements of RFC 7558?
  • Looking for document shepherd

draft-ietf-dnssd-push-02

  • Needs review against dnssd-hybrid specification
  • Will consider for WG last call today
  • Looking for document shepherd

draft-ietf-dnssd-mdns-dns-interop-02

  • WG last call complete 2015/07; comments discussed at IETF-93
  • Rev -02 published includes updates from WG last call comments
  • Needs final review by WG before forwarding to IESG
  • Looking for document shepherd

The chairs asked if there was consensus in the room to do a short WG last call review to confirm that draft-ietf-dnssd-mdns-dns-interop-02 addresses the comments during the previous WG last call.

Summary meeting results:

Document discussions:

Scalable DNS-SD (SSD) Threat, draft-otis-dnssd-scalable-dns-sd-threats-02

Doug Otis gave a presentation about the -02 revision, which replaces draft-otis-dnssd-mdns-xlink-06 and draft-rafiee-dnssd-mdns-threatmodel-03. Based on WG comments, draft-otis-dnssd-scalable-dns-sd-threats-02 needs additional editing to use a more accurate model of DNS, mDNS and other name resolution mechanisms as the basis for the threat analysis.

DNS Push Notifications, draft-ietf-dnssd-push-02

Stuart Cheshire gave a brief review of updates to the -02 rev. The WG then discussed whether the document is ready for WG last call. Consensus is that the WG would like to see an interoperable implementation prior to WG last call.

Hybrid Unicast/Multicast DNS-Based SD, draft-ietf-dnssd-hybrid-01

Stuart Cheshire gave a brief review of updates to the -01 rev. The WG consensus in the room was that the document is ready for WG last call. However, because this document depends on draft-ietf-dnssd-push-02, this document will be held and then sent to the IESG when draft-ietf-dnssd-push-02 is ready to go to the IESG.

Optimizing DNS-SD query using TXT records, draft-aggarwal-dnssd-optimize-query-00

Dave Thaler reviewed the previous presentation of draft-aggarwal-dnssd-optimize-query-00 and presented additional details of allseenalliance.org/framework/documentation/learn/core/system-description/advertisement-discovery. The AllSeen? Alliance document describes extensions to DNS-SD/mDNS defined by AllSeen?. The request from the WG is to write a document accommodating AllSeen? requirements while adhering as closely as possible to draft-ietf-dnssd-hybrid-01.