Timeline


and

Jul 29, 2010:

11:29 PM Changeset [967] by fielding@…
remove paste-o inadvertantly committed in last revision.
11:14 PM Ticket #109 (Clarify entity / representation / variant terminology) closed by fielding@…
incorporated: This should now be complete.
11:12 PM Changeset [966] by fielding@…
regenerate html, but needs appendix updates
11:11 PM Changeset [965] by fielding@…
Addresses #109: Clarify entity / representation / variant terminology …
3:03 PM Changeset [964] by fielding@…
generate html
1:41 PM Ticket #214 (Content-Language definition) closed by fielding@…
wontfix: The Content-Language does define the intended audience for the page, …
8:32 AM Changeset [963] by julian.reschke@…
update status of issue 159 as work in progress (see #159)
5:32 AM Ticket #108 (Monitoring connections) closed by julian.reschke@…
incorporated
5:27 AM Changeset [962] by julian.reschke@…
add a paragraph break into intro of content-range
5:23 AM Changeset [961] by julian.reschke@…
whitespace fix
5:11 AM Ticket #171 (Are OPTIONS and TRACE safe?) closed by julian.reschke@…
incorporated
3:05 AM Ticket #240 (Migrate Upgrade details from RFC2817) created by mnot@…
RFC2817 contains advice and details about how Upgrade works in HTTP; …
3:03 AM Ticket #239 (Migrate CONNECT from RFC2817 to p2) created by mnot@…
RFC2817 defines the semantics of CONNECT; in particular sections 5.2 …

Jul 28, 2010:

8:24 AM Ticket #238 (Requirements for user intervention during redirects) created by mnot@…
The redirect status codes define requirements for user intervention; …
5:23 AM Ticket #237 (absorbing the auth framework from 2617) created by julian.reschke@…
This issue is opened to track the process of absorbing "everything …
1:36 AM Changeset [960] by fielding@…
Reduce new MUST requirement to forward a 304 on an outbound …

Jul 27, 2010:

11:16 PM Changeset [959] by julian.reschke@…
update submission howto
8:46 PM Changeset [958] by fielding@…
(editorial) move sentence down to keep paragraph topics simple.
8:04 PM Changeset [957] by fielding@…
Further clarify the message body length calculation so that …
5:35 PM Changeset [956] by fielding@…
forgot to set eol-style
5:25 PM Changeset [955] by fielding@…
draft 10 (hopefully as submitted by Julian)
9:10 AM Ticket #236 ("Host part" needs to be specified better) closed by mnot@…
invalid: Discussed among editors; 'host part' was probably intentional.
8:59 AM Changeset [954] by julian.reschke@…
remove a silly RFC 2219 MAY
8:49 AM Changeset [953] by julian.reschke@…
fix typo
8:34 AM Changeset [952] by mnot@…
add minutes for IETF78
8:31 AM Changeset [951] by julian.reschke@…
Note we undid change in [943] relating to issue 235 (see #235), regen HTML.
8:26 AM Changeset [950] by mnot@…
remove merged text
8:24 AM Changeset [949] by mnot@…
reformat xml (in hopefully the right place)
7:46 AM Changeset [948] by julian.reschke@…
oh my
7:45 AM Changeset [947] by julian.reschke@…
undo [945]
7:40 AM Changeset [946] by mnot@…
update slides for ietf78
7:38 AM Changeset [945] by mnot@…
reformat xml
7:20 AM Ticket #205 (placement of entity tag def) closed by julian.reschke@…
wontfix: I was convinced it's OK the way it is.
7:17 AM Ticket #180 (Note special status of Content-* prefix in header field registration ...) closed by julian.reschke@…
fixed: moved into #231
6:49 AM Changeset [944] by julian.reschke@…
Note change in [943] relating to issue 235 (see #235)
6:21 AM Ticket #235 (Cache Invalidation only happens upon successful responses) closed by ylafon@…
incorporated
6:20 AM Changeset [943] by ylafon@…
clarify that only successful exchanges (2xx) are mandating …

Jul 26, 2010:

7:20 AM Changeset [942] by julian.reschke@…
Remove "expert review" requirement for transfer/content coding, it is …
12:45 AM Changeset [941] by mnot@…
Add Memento slides
12:21 AM Changeset [940] by mnot@…
add Momento

Jul 24, 2010:

8:27 AM Changeset [939] by julian.reschke@…
regen HTML
8:23 AM Changeset [938] by mnot@…
Remove "host part" TODO; now #236.
8:22 AM Ticket #236 ("Host part" needs to be specified better) created by mnot@…
The cache invalidation section of p6 uses 'host part' to constrain …
8:21 AM Ticket #122 (MIME-Version not listed in P1, general header fields) closed by julian.reschke@…
incorporated
8:21 AM Changeset [937] by julian.reschke@…
add MIME-Version to the ist of general header fields (see #122)
8:20 AM Changeset [936] by mnot@…
Take out TODO for invalidations upon successful responses; now #235.
8:19 AM Ticket #235 (Cache Invalidation only happens upon successful responses) created by mnot@…
The cache invalidation text doesn't disambiguate between successful …
8:13 AM Changeset [935] by mnot@…
Disambiguate when Age header is required.
8:09 AM Changeset [934] by mnot@…
remove TODO note on max-stale definition; current text is unambiguous.
8:01 AM Ticket #183 ("requested resource" in content-encoding definition) closed by julian.reschke@…
incorporated
7:57 AM Changeset [933] by mnot@…
update overview slides
7:52 AM Changeset [932] by mnot@…
Clean up TODOs and prose in "Combining Responses."
7:41 AM Changeset [931] by julian.reschke@…
regen HTML
7:39 AM Changeset [930] by julian.reschke@…
add IANA registry for range specifiers (see #85)
7:35 AM Changeset [929] by mnot@…
Add requirements (sourced from 2616 13.12) regarding non-304 responses …
7:06 AM Changeset [928] by julian.reschke@…
regen HTML
7:02 AM Changeset [927] by ylafon@…
uniform use of 'status' (see #234)
7:01 AM Changeset [926] by ylafon@…
uniform use of 'status' (see #234)
6:59 AM Changeset [925] by ylafon@…
uniform use of 'status' (see @#234)
6:56 AM Changeset [924] by ylafon@…
uniform use of 'status' (see #234)
6:51 AM Changeset [923] by julian.reschke@…
regen HTML
6:51 AM Changeset [922] by julian.reschke@…
remove unused reference
6:43 AM Changeset [921] by julian.reschke@…
fix header field registration terminology (see #234)
6:43 AM Changeset [920] by ylafon@…
generated after [919] (see #234)
6:33 AM Changeset [919] by ylafon@…
uniform use of 'status' (status code or status line) (see #234)
6:23 AM Changeset [918] by julian.reschke@…
regen HTML
6:18 AM Changeset [917] by mnot@…
remove multiple ETag TODO; already addressed.
6:08 AM Ticket #234 (Uniform terminology) created by mnot@…
This is a rollup issue for tracking terminology we use throughout the …
5:53 AM Changeset [916] by julian.reschke@…
Note change in [914] relating to issue 223 (see #223)
5:19 AM Changeset [915] by mnot@…
Add workflow slide
5:09 AM Ticket #233 (Is * usable as a request-uri for new methods?) created by mnot@…
Can methods other than OPTIONS (e.g., new extension methods) specify …
5:04 AM Ticket #232 (User-Agent guidelines) created by mnot@…
UA strings have become quite long, which makes requests bigger than …
3:44 AM Ticket #223 (Allowing heuristic caching for new status codes) closed by mnot@…
incorporated
3:44 AM Changeset [914] by mnot@…
Allow new status codes to define whether they allow heuristic …
3:18 AM Changeset [913] by julian.reschke@…
add C-D slides
3:17 AM Ticket #231 (Considerations for new header fields) created by mnot@…
We need to document what those who want to define new headers need to …
3:13 AM Ticket #230 (Considerations for new methods) created by mnot@…
We need to document what those who want to define new methods need to …
3:09 AM Ticket #229 (Considerations for new status codes) created by mnot@…
We need to document what those who want to define new status codes …
2:31 AM Ticket #220 (consider removing the "changes from 2068" sections) closed by julian.reschke@…
incorporated
2:24 AM Changeset [912] by julian.reschke@…
regen HTML
2:23 AM Changeset [911] by julian.reschke@…
Remove "Changes from RFC 2068" sections (see #220)
2:17 AM Ticket #228 (update introductions) created by julian.reschke@…
The "Introduction" sections need to be updated (they currently talk …
1:54 AM Ticket #139 (Methods and Caching) closed by mnot@…
incorporated
1:54 AM Changeset [910] by mnot@…
Require Content-Location on POST responses in order to use them to …
1:36 AM Changeset [909] by mnot@…
tweak slides based upon feedback from editors
1:30 AM Changeset [908] by fielding@…
(editorial) use might instead of may where it might be confused with MAY
1:20 AM Changeset [907] by mnot@…
add 2617 questions slide
1:18 AM Changeset [906] by mnot@…
add plan slide
1:15 AM Changeset [905] by mnot@…
add RFC2817 material
12:53 AM Changeset [904] by mnot@…
fix Julian's Windows issues.
12:39 AM Changeset [903] by mnot@…
overview slides
12:25 AM Changeset [902] by fielding@…
regenerate html
12:25 AM Changeset [901] by fielding@…
(editorial) use might instead of may where it might be confused with MAY

Jul 23, 2010:

11:35 PM Changeset [900] by fielding@…
regenerate html
11:33 PM Changeset [899] by fielding@…
(editorial) Improve my ascii art and quote significant terms where …
5:07 PM Changeset [898] by fielding@…
consistent spelling of ETag
3:21 PM Ticket #139 (Methods and Caching) reopened by fielding@…
But we discussed this before and WG consensus is clear that the method …
8:36 AM Ticket #216 (No-cache definition) closed by mnot@…
incorporated
8:35 AM Changeset [897] by mnot@…
Refine definition of no-cache response directive (see #216).
8:28 AM Changeset [896] by julian.reschke@…
update changes slides
8:18 AM Changeset [895] by julian.reschke@…
Note change in [893] relating to issue 190 (see #190)
8:15 AM Ticket #208 (IANA registry for cache-control directives) closed by julian.reschke@…
incorporated
8:12 AM Changeset [894] by ylafon@…
regenerated after [893]
8:08 AM Ticket #190 (OPTIONS vs Max-Forwards) closed by ylafon@…
fixed: Fixed in [893]: Resolve #190: Removed redundant text in OPTIONS …
8:08 AM Changeset [893] by ylafon@…
Resolve #190: Removed redundant text in OPTIONS definition regarding …
7:58 AM Changeset [892] by julian.reschke@…
regenerate HTML
7:56 AM Changeset [891] by mnot@…
Remove TODO for updating p2 methods; done (see #139).
7:54 AM Changeset [890] by mnot@…
Remove TODO for HEAD updates; now #227.
7:53 AM Ticket #227 (Combining HEAD responses) created by mnot@…
p2 defines how HEAD responses affect caches: The response to a …
7:53 AM Changeset [889] by julian.reschke@…
Note change in [888] relating to issue 139 (see #139)
7:46 AM Ticket #139 (Methods and Caching) closed by mnot@…
incorporated
7:45 AM Changeset [888] by mnot@…
Define caching requirements for methods (see #139).
7:32 AM Changeset [887] by julian.reschke@…
7:27 AM Ticket #39 (ETag uniqueness) closed by julian.reschke@…
incorporated
5:49 AM Ticket #226 (proxies not supporting certain methods) created by julian.reschke@…
Part 2, 9.1 says: "A proxy MUST NOT modify the Allow header field …
5:40 AM Changeset [886] by julian.reschke@…
Note change in [884] relating to issue 199 (see #199)
5:37 AM Ticket #199 (Status codes and caching) closed by mnot@…
incorporated
5:34 AM Changeset [885] by mnot@…
various editorial tweaks
5:29 AM Changeset [884] by mnot@…
Add heuristic freshness requirements to status codes (see #199).
5:14 AM Changeset [883] by julian.reschke@…
use a more specific name
2:56 AM Changeset [882] by julian.reschke@…
Note change in [874] relating to issue 183 (see #183)
2:54 AM Ticket #225 (PUT side effect: invalidation or just stale?) created by mnot@…
p2 7.6 (PUT): If the request passes through a cache and the …
2:51 AM Ticket #224 (Header Field Classification) created by mnot@…
RFC2616 classifies headers (e.g., general, entity, request, response), …
2:40 AM Changeset [881] by julian.reschke@…
Note change in [877] relating to issue 159 (see #159)
2:35 AM Changeset [880] by julian.reschke@…
Note change in [874] relating to issue 178 (see #178)
2:19 AM Changeset [879] by julian.reschke@…
change citing style to match RFC Editor expectations (see …
12:54 AM Ticket #223 (Allowing heuristic caching for new status codes) created by mnot@…
p6 2.3.1.1 defines heuristic caching as applying to a closed set of …
12:51 AM Changeset [878] by fielding@…
regenerate html
12:51 AM Changeset [877] by fielding@…
Addresses #159: HTTP(s) URI scheme definitions Make clear that …
12:40 AM Changeset [876] by julian.reschke@…
note work done in [872] (see #28)

Jul 22, 2010:

10:43 PM Changeset [875] by fielding@…
regenerate html
10:43 PM Changeset [874] by fielding@…
Addresses #109: Clarify entity / representation / variant terminology …
6:37 PM Changeset [873] by fielding@…
regenerate html
6:36 PM Ticket #28 (Connection closing) closed by fielding@…
incorporated: Incorporated as part of rewriting the message body length section and …
6:34 PM Changeset [872] by fielding@…
Addresses #28: Connection closing Finished clarification of when …
7:03 AM Changeset [871] by julian.reschke@…
draft slides for -10 changes
6:01 AM Changeset [870] by julian.reschke@…
add a pointer to issue #221 to the inline comment
5:29 AM Changeset [869] by mnot@…
Add Content-Disposition discussion to agenda
5:15 AM Ticket #196 (Term for the requested resource's URI) closed by julian.reschke@…
incorporated: remaining questions raised as #221 and #222.
5:13 AM Ticket #222 (effective request URI: handling of request-target *) created by julian.reschke@…
The definition of effective request URI currently treats "*" like "/". …
5:10 AM Ticket #221 (effective request URI: handling of missing host in HTTP/1.0) created by julian.reschke@…
Does the definition of effective request URI consider the case of …
2:10 AM Changeset [868] by fielding@…
regenerate html
2:09 AM Changeset [867] by fielding@…
(editorial) replace "metainformation" with more common "metadata"
2:06 AM Changeset [866] by fielding@…
Addresses #109: Clarify entity / representation / variant terminology …
12:04 AM Changeset [865] by fielding@…
regenerate html

Jul 21, 2010:

11:43 PM Changeset [864] by fielding@…
Fix references to old section on body length so that they just point …
10:44 PM Changeset [863] by julian.reschke@…
update changes section for [860]
10:26 PM Changeset [862] by julian.reschke@…
Remove references that are unused since [859].
8:10 PM Changeset [861] by fielding@…
regenerate html
8:09 PM Ticket #69 (Clarify "Requested Variant") closed by fielding@…
incorporated: Replaced with either representation, resource, or "the representation …
8:03 PM Changeset [860] by fielding@…
Addresses #69: Clarify "Requested Variant" Eliminated that phrase. …
7:21 AM Ticket #220 (consider removing the "changes from 2068" sections) created by julian.reschke@…
As the individual parts progress, it's getting harder to maintain this …
7:16 AM Changeset [859] by julian.reschke@…
Remove paragraphs in "changes from 2068" about message length handling …
5:20 AM Ticket #219 (Revise Acknowledgements Sections) created by julian.reschke@…
At some point we need to revise the acknowledgements sections. …

Jul 19, 2010:

5:28 AM Changeset [858] by julian.reschke@…
update changes section for [856]
4:57 AM Ticket #136 (confusing req. language for Content-Location) closed by fielding@…
incorporated: Removed the confusing paragraph because HTTP does not know anything …
4:52 AM Changeset [857] by fielding@…
regenerate html
4:52 AM Changeset [856] by fielding@…
Addresses #69: Clarify "Requested Variant" Addresses #109: Clarify …

Jul 17, 2010:

12:00 AM Changeset [855] by mnot@…
typo 2616->2617

Jul 16, 2010:

11:49 PM Changeset [854] by julian.reschke@…
Update changelog sections.
11:03 PM Ticket #95 (Handling multiple Content-Length header fields) closed by fielding@…
incorporated: I think this is completely incorporated in editor's draft, though …
11:01 PM Ticket #90 (Delimiting messages with multipart/byteranges) closed by fielding@…
incorporated: I think this is completely incorporated in editor's draft.
10:57 PM Changeset [853] by fielding@…
regenerate html
10:56 PM Changeset [852] by fielding@…
Changed message-body ABNF to be *OCTET. Specifying the actual number …

Jul 14, 2010:

12:13 AM Ticket #218 (Explain non-HTTP URIs in HTTP) created by mnot@…
It's sometimes asked whether non-HTTP URI schemes can be used in a …
12:07 AM Changeset [851] by mnot@…
add some topics for discussion
12:03 AM Ticket #85 (Custom Ranges) reopened by mnot@…
p5 isn't clear about how other-range-units should be used or what they …

Jul 13, 2010:

11:30 PM Ticket #217 (Caches can't be required to serve ranges) created by mnot@…
The recommendation that proxies should only return the requested range …
11:13 PM Ticket #216 (No-cache definition) created by mnot@…
2616's definition of the no-cache response directive …
9:24 PM Ticket #215 (Explain header field registration) created by mnot@…
Method and status code registration procedures are covered in p2 in …
8:22 PM Changeset [850] by mnot@…
add draft 78 agenda

Jul 12, 2010:

5:41 PM Changeset [849] by fielding@…
minor prose tweaks - editorial
5:04 AM Changeset [848] by julian.reschke@…
fix issue list link in boilerplate
4:11 AM Changeset [847] by julian.reschke@…
Make requirements sections consistent again.

Jul 9, 2010:

10:58 PM Changeset [846] by julian.reschke@…
regenerate diffs
5:31 PM Changeset [845] by fielding@…
update organization for Jim Gettys
5:26 PM Changeset [844] by fielding@…
update organization for Jim Gettys
4:40 AM Changeset [843] by julian.reschke@…
PrepPrepare? release of -04 draft on 2010-07-12.
4:35 AM Changeset [842] by julian.reschke@…
update P2 reference
4:09 AM Changeset [841] by julian.reschke@…
prepare release of -10 on 2010-07-12
2:59 AM Changeset [840] by julian.reschke@…
Remove remaining comments with respect to issue #60.
2:37 AM Ticket #211 (Heuristic caching of URLs with query components) closed by julian.reschke@…
incorporated
2:34 AM Ticket #168 (Clarify differences between / requirements for request and response CC ...) closed by julian.reschke@…
incorporated
2:31 AM Ticket #155 (Content Sniffing) closed by julian.reschke@…
incorporated
2:30 AM Ticket #165 (Case-sensitivity of HTTP-date) closed by julian.reschke@…
incorporated
2:29 AM Ticket #143 (IANA registry for content/transfer encodings) closed by julian.reschke@…
incorporated
2:26 AM Ticket #200 (use of term "word" when talking about header field structure) closed by julian.reschke@…
incorporated
2:23 AM Ticket #83 (OPTIONS * and proxies) closed by julian.reschke@…
incorporated
2:22 AM Ticket #73 (Clarification of the term "deflate") closed by julian.reschke@…
incorporated
2:19 AM Ticket #29 (Age calculation) closed by julian.reschke@…
incorporated

Jul 8, 2010:

11:08 PM Changeset [839] by julian.reschke@…
make trac URIs consistent
8:51 PM Ticket #174 (Caching authenticated responses) closed by mnot@…
incorporated
6:24 AM Changeset [838] by julian.reschke@…
fix statement about where status codes are defined
6:13 AM Changeset [837] by julian.reschke@…
outdent artwork because of width issue, regen ABNF appendix
3:14 AM Changeset [836] by julian.reschke@…
fix broken section reference
3:02 AM Changeset [835] by julian.reschke@…
fix two broken section references

Jul 1, 2010:

5:03 PM Changeset [834] by mnot@…
Clarify caching of authenticated responses by shared caches (see #174)
4:58 PM Changeset [833] by mnot@…
dos2unix (osx was getting hung up on the #!'s M)
6:30 AM Changeset [832] by julian.reschke@…
Bump up document dates, update to latest version of rfc2629.xslt

Jun 29, 2010:

3:00 PM Ticket #214 (Content-Language definition) created by mnot@…
2616 defines Content-Language as: The "Content-Language" …
10:11 AM Changeset [831] by julian.reschke@…
Say a bit more about the fact that some clients do sniff, and why this …
10:02 AM Ticket #213 (What is the value space of HTTP status codes?) created by mnot@…
p1 defines HTTP status codes as "a 3-digit integer result code" with …
Note: See TracTimeline for information about the timeline view.