Timeline


and

27/07/10:

16:10 Ticket #236 ("Host part" needs to be specified better) closed by mnot@…
invalid: Discussed among editors; 'host part' was probably intentional.
15:59 Changeset [954] by julian.reschke@…
remove a silly RFC 2219 MAY
15:49 Changeset [953] by julian.reschke@…
fix typo
15:34 Changeset [952] by mnot@…
add minutes for IETF78
15:31 Changeset [951] by julian.reschke@…
Note we undid change in [943] relating to issue 235 (see #235), regen HTML.
15:26 Changeset [950] by mnot@…
remove merged text
15:24 Changeset [949] by mnot@…
reformat xml (in hopefully the right place)
14:46 Changeset [948] by julian.reschke@…
oh my
14:45 Changeset [947] by julian.reschke@…
undo [945]
14:40 Changeset [946] by mnot@…
update slides for ietf78
14:38 Changeset [945] by mnot@…
reformat xml
14:20 Ticket #205 (placement of entity tag def) closed by julian.reschke@…
wontfix: I was convinced it's OK the way it is.
14:17 Ticket #180 (Note special status of Content-* prefix in header field registration ...) closed by julian.reschke@…
fixed: moved into #231
13:49 Changeset [944] by julian.reschke@…
Note change in [943] relating to issue 235 (see #235)
13:21 Ticket #235 (Cache Invalidation only happens upon successful responses) closed by ylafon@…
incorporated
13:20 Changeset [943] by ylafon@…
clarify that only successful exchanges (2xx) are mandating …

26/07/10:

14:20 Changeset [942] by julian.reschke@…
Remove "expert review" requirement for transfer/content coding, it is …
07:45 Changeset [941] by mnot@…
Add Memento slides
07:21 Changeset [940] by mnot@…
add Momento

24/07/10:

15:27 Changeset [939] by julian.reschke@…
regen HTML
15:23 Changeset [938] by mnot@…
Remove "host part" TODO; now #236.
15:22 Ticket #236 ("Host part" needs to be specified better) created by mnot@…
The cache invalidation section of p6 uses 'host part' to constrain …
15:21 Ticket #122 (MIME-Version not listed in P1, general header fields) closed by julian.reschke@…
incorporated
15:21 Changeset [937] by julian.reschke@…
add MIME-Version to the ist of general header fields (see #122)
15:20 Changeset [936] by mnot@…
Take out TODO for invalidations upon successful responses; now #235.
15:19 Ticket #235 (Cache Invalidation only happens upon successful responses) created by mnot@…
The cache invalidation text doesn't disambiguate between successful …
15:13 Changeset [935] by mnot@…
Disambiguate when Age header is required.
15:09 Changeset [934] by mnot@…
remove TODO note on max-stale definition; current text is unambiguous.
15:01 Ticket #183 ("requested resource" in content-encoding definition) closed by julian.reschke@…
incorporated
14:57 Changeset [933] by mnot@…
update overview slides
14:52 Changeset [932] by mnot@…
Clean up TODOs and prose in "Combining Responses."
14:41 Changeset [931] by julian.reschke@…
regen HTML
14:39 Changeset [930] by julian.reschke@…
add IANA registry for range specifiers (see #85)
14:35 Changeset [929] by mnot@…
Add requirements (sourced from 2616 13.12) regarding non-304 responses …
14:06 Changeset [928] by julian.reschke@…
regen HTML
14:02 Changeset [927] by ylafon@…
uniform use of 'status' (see #234)
14:01 Changeset [926] by ylafon@…
uniform use of 'status' (see #234)
13:59 Changeset [925] by ylafon@…
uniform use of 'status' (see @#234)
13:56 Changeset [924] by ylafon@…
uniform use of 'status' (see #234)
13:51 Changeset [923] by julian.reschke@…
regen HTML
13:51 Changeset [922] by julian.reschke@…
remove unused reference
13:43 Changeset [921] by julian.reschke@…
fix header field registration terminology (see #234)
13:43 Changeset [920] by ylafon@…
generated after [919] (see #234)
13:33 Changeset [919] by ylafon@…
uniform use of 'status' (status code or status line) (see #234)
13:23 Changeset [918] by julian.reschke@…
regen HTML
13:18 Changeset [917] by mnot@…
remove multiple ETag TODO; already addressed.
13:08 Ticket #234 (Uniform terminology) created by mnot@…
This is a rollup issue for tracking terminology we use throughout the …
12:53 Changeset [916] by julian.reschke@…
Note change in [914] relating to issue 223 (see #223)
12:19 Changeset [915] by mnot@…
Add workflow slide
12:09 Ticket #233 (Is * usable as a request-uri for new methods?) created by mnot@…
Can methods other than OPTIONS (e.g., new extension methods) specify …
12:04 Ticket #232 (User-Agent guidelines) created by mnot@…
UA strings have become quite long, which makes requests bigger than …
10:44 Ticket #223 (Allowing heuristic caching for new status codes) closed by mnot@…
incorporated
10:44 Changeset [914] by mnot@…
Allow new status codes to define whether they allow heuristic …
10:18 Changeset [913] by julian.reschke@…
add C-D slides
10:17 Ticket #231 (Considerations for new header fields) created by mnot@…
We need to document what those who want to define new headers need to …
10:13 Ticket #230 (Considerations for new methods) created by mnot@…
We need to document what those who want to define new methods need to …
10:09 Ticket #229 (Considerations for new status codes) created by mnot@…
We need to document what those who want to define new status codes …
09:31 Ticket #220 (consider removing the "changes from 2068" sections) closed by julian.reschke@…
incorporated
09:24 Changeset [912] by julian.reschke@…
regen HTML
09:23 Changeset [911] by julian.reschke@…
Remove "Changes from RFC 2068" sections (see #220)
09:17 Ticket #228 (update introductions) created by julian.reschke@…
The "Introduction" sections need to be updated (they currently talk …
08:54 Ticket #139 (Methods and Caching) closed by mnot@…
incorporated
08:54 Changeset [910] by mnot@…
Require Content-Location on POST responses in order to use them to …
08:36 Changeset [909] by mnot@…
tweak slides based upon feedback from editors
08:30 Changeset [908] by fielding@…
(editorial) use might instead of may where it might be confused with MAY
08:20 Changeset [907] by mnot@…
add 2617 questions slide
08:18 Changeset [906] by mnot@…
add plan slide
08:15 Changeset [905] by mnot@…
add RFC2817 material
07:53 Changeset [904] by mnot@…
fix Julian's Windows issues.
07:39 Changeset [903] by mnot@…
overview slides
07:25 Changeset [902] by fielding@…
regenerate html
07:25 Changeset [901] by fielding@…
(editorial) use might instead of may where it might be confused with MAY
06:35 Changeset [900] by fielding@…
regenerate html
06:33 Changeset [899] by fielding@…
(editorial) Improve my ascii art and quote significant terms where …
00:07 Changeset [898] by fielding@…
consistent spelling of ETag

23/07/10:

22:21 Ticket #139 (Methods and Caching) reopened by fielding@…
But we discussed this before and WG consensus is clear that the method …
15:36 Ticket #216 (No-cache definition) closed by mnot@…
incorporated
15:35 Changeset [897] by mnot@…
Refine definition of no-cache response directive (see #216).
15:28 Changeset [896] by julian.reschke@…
update changes slides
15:18 Changeset [895] by julian.reschke@…
Note change in [893] relating to issue 190 (see #190)
15:15 Ticket #208 (IANA registry for cache-control directives) closed by julian.reschke@…
incorporated
15:12 Changeset [894] by ylafon@…
regenerated after [893]
15:08 Ticket #190 (OPTIONS vs Max-Forwards) closed by ylafon@…
fixed: Fixed in [893]: Resolve #190: Removed redundant text in OPTIONS …
15:08 Changeset [893] by ylafon@…
Resolve #190: Removed redundant text in OPTIONS definition regarding …
14:58 Changeset [892] by julian.reschke@…
regenerate HTML
14:56 Changeset [891] by mnot@…
Remove TODO for updating p2 methods; done (see #139).
14:54 Changeset [890] by mnot@…
Remove TODO for HEAD updates; now #227.
14:53 Ticket #227 (Combining HEAD responses) created by mnot@…
p2 defines how HEAD responses affect caches: The response to a …
14:53 Changeset [889] by julian.reschke@…
Note change in [888] relating to issue 139 (see #139)
14:46 Ticket #139 (Methods and Caching) closed by mnot@…
incorporated
14:45 Changeset [888] by mnot@…
Define caching requirements for methods (see #139).
14:32 Changeset [887] by julian.reschke@…
14:27 Ticket #39 (ETag uniqueness) closed by julian.reschke@…
incorporated
12:49 Ticket #226 (proxies not supporting certain methods) created by julian.reschke@…
Part 2, 9.1 says: "A proxy MUST NOT modify the Allow header field …
12:40 Changeset [886] by julian.reschke@…
Note change in [884] relating to issue 199 (see #199)
12:37 Ticket #199 (Status codes and caching) closed by mnot@…
incorporated
12:34 Changeset [885] by mnot@…
various editorial tweaks
12:29 Changeset [884] by mnot@…
Add heuristic freshness requirements to status codes (see #199).
12:14 Changeset [883] by julian.reschke@…
use a more specific name
09:56 Changeset [882] by julian.reschke@…
Note change in [874] relating to issue 183 (see #183)
09:54 Ticket #225 (PUT side effect: invalidation or just stale?) created by mnot@…
p2 7.6 (PUT): If the request passes through a cache and the …
09:51 Ticket #224 (Header Field Classification) created by mnot@…
RFC2616 classifies headers (e.g., general, entity, request, response), …
09:40 Changeset [881] by julian.reschke@…
Note change in [877] relating to issue 159 (see #159)
09:35 Changeset [880] by julian.reschke@…
Note change in [874] relating to issue 178 (see #178)
09:19 Changeset [879] by julian.reschke@…
change citing style to match RFC Editor expectations (see …
07:54 Ticket #223 (Allowing heuristic caching for new status codes) created by mnot@…
p6 2.3.1.1 defines heuristic caching as applying to a closed set of …
07:51 Changeset [878] by fielding@…
regenerate html
07:51 Changeset [877] by fielding@…
Addresses #159: HTTP(s) URI scheme definitions Make clear that …
07:40 Changeset [876] by julian.reschke@…
note work done in [872] (see #28)
05:43 Changeset [875] by fielding@…
regenerate html
05:43 Changeset [874] by fielding@…
Addresses #109: Clarify entity / representation / variant terminology …
01:37 Changeset [873] by fielding@…
regenerate html
01:36 Ticket #28 (Connection closing) closed by fielding@…
incorporated: Incorporated as part of rewriting the message body length section and …
01:34 Changeset [872] by fielding@…
Addresses #28: Connection closing Finished clarification of when …

22/07/10:

14:03 Changeset [871] by julian.reschke@…
draft slides for -10 changes
13:01 Changeset [870] by julian.reschke@…
add a pointer to issue #221 to the inline comment
12:29 Changeset [869] by mnot@…
Add Content-Disposition discussion to agenda
12:15 Ticket #196 (Term for the requested resource's URI) closed by julian.reschke@…
incorporated: remaining questions raised as #221 and #222.
12:13 Ticket #222 (effective request URI: handling of request-target *) created by julian.reschke@…
The definition of effective request URI currently treats "*" like "/". …
12:10 Ticket #221 (effective request URI: handling of missing host in HTTP/1.0) created by julian.reschke@…
Does the definition of effective request URI consider the case of …
09:10 Changeset [868] by fielding@…
regenerate html
09:09 Changeset [867] by fielding@…
(editorial) replace "metainformation" with more common "metadata"
09:06 Changeset [866] by fielding@…
Addresses #109: Clarify entity / representation / variant terminology …
07:04 Changeset [865] by fielding@…
regenerate html
06:43 Changeset [864] by fielding@…
Fix references to old section on body length so that they just point …
05:44 Changeset [863] by julian.reschke@…
update changes section for [860]
05:26 Changeset [862] by julian.reschke@…
Remove references that are unused since [859].
03:10 Changeset [861] by fielding@…
regenerate html
03:09 Ticket #69 (Clarify "Requested Variant") closed by fielding@…
incorporated: Replaced with either representation, resource, or "the representation …
03:03 Changeset [860] by fielding@…
Addresses #69: Clarify "Requested Variant" Eliminated that phrase. …

21/07/10:

14:21 Ticket #220 (consider removing the "changes from 2068" sections) created by julian.reschke@…
As the individual parts progress, it's getting harder to maintain this …
14:16 Changeset [859] by julian.reschke@…
Remove paragraphs in "changes from 2068" about message length handling …
12:20 Ticket #219 (Revise Acknowledgements Sections) created by julian.reschke@…
At some point we need to revise the acknowledgements sections. …

19/07/10:

12:28 Changeset [858] by julian.reschke@…
update changes section for [856]
11:57 Ticket #136 (confusing req. language for Content-Location) closed by fielding@…
incorporated: Removed the confusing paragraph because HTTP does not know anything …
11:52 Changeset [857] by fielding@…
regenerate html
11:52 Changeset [856] by fielding@…
Addresses #69: Clarify "Requested Variant" Addresses #109: Clarify …

17/07/10:

07:00 Changeset [855] by mnot@…
typo 2616->2617
06:49 Changeset [854] by julian.reschke@…
Update changelog sections.
06:03 Ticket #95 (Handling multiple Content-Length header fields) closed by fielding@…
incorporated: I think this is completely incorporated in editor's draft, though …
06:01 Ticket #90 (Delimiting messages with multipart/byteranges) closed by fielding@…
incorporated: I think this is completely incorporated in editor's draft.
05:57 Changeset [853] by fielding@…
regenerate html
05:56 Changeset [852] by fielding@…
Changed message-body ABNF to be *OCTET. Specifying the actual number …

14/07/10:

07:13 Ticket #218 (Explain non-HTTP URIs in HTTP) created by mnot@…
It's sometimes asked whether non-HTTP URI schemes can be used in a …
07:07 Changeset [851] by mnot@…
add some topics for discussion
07:03 Ticket #85 (Custom Ranges) reopened by mnot@…
p5 isn't clear about how other-range-units should be used or what they …
06:30 Ticket #217 (Caches can't be required to serve ranges) created by mnot@…
The recommendation that proxies should only return the requested range …
06:13 Ticket #216 (No-cache definition) created by mnot@…
2616's definition of the no-cache response directive …
04:24 Ticket #215 (Explain header field registration) created by mnot@…
Method and status code registration procedures are covered in p2 in …
03:22 Changeset [850] by mnot@…
add draft 78 agenda

13/07/10:

00:41 Changeset [849] by fielding@…
minor prose tweaks - editorial

12/07/10:

12:04 Changeset [848] by julian.reschke@…
fix issue list link in boilerplate
11:11 Changeset [847] by julian.reschke@…
Make requirements sections consistent again.

10/07/10:

05:58 Changeset [846] by julian.reschke@…
regenerate diffs
00:31 Changeset [845] by fielding@…
update organization for Jim Gettys
00:26 Changeset [844] by fielding@…
update organization for Jim Gettys

09/07/10:

11:40 Changeset [843] by julian.reschke@…
PrepPrepare? release of -04 draft on 2010-07-12.
11:35 Changeset [842] by julian.reschke@…
update P2 reference
11:09 Changeset [841] by julian.reschke@…
prepare release of -10 on 2010-07-12
09:59 Changeset [840] by julian.reschke@…
Remove remaining comments with respect to issue #60.
09:37 Ticket #211 (Heuristic caching of URLs with query components) closed by julian.reschke@…
incorporated
09:34 Ticket #168 (Clarify differences between / requirements for request and response CC ...) closed by julian.reschke@…
incorporated
09:31 Ticket #155 (Content Sniffing) closed by julian.reschke@…
incorporated
09:30 Ticket #165 (Case-sensitivity of HTTP-date) closed by julian.reschke@…
incorporated
09:29 Ticket #143 (IANA registry for content/transfer encodings) closed by julian.reschke@…
incorporated
09:26 Ticket #200 (use of term "word" when talking about header field structure) closed by julian.reschke@…
incorporated
09:23 Ticket #83 (OPTIONS * and proxies) closed by julian.reschke@…
incorporated
09:22 Ticket #73 (Clarification of the term "deflate") closed by julian.reschke@…
incorporated
09:19 Ticket #29 (Age calculation) closed by julian.reschke@…
incorporated
06:08 Changeset [839] by julian.reschke@…
make trac URIs consistent
03:51 Ticket #174 (Caching authenticated responses) closed by mnot@…
incorporated

08/07/10:

13:24 Changeset [838] by julian.reschke@…
fix statement about where status codes are defined
13:13 Changeset [837] by julian.reschke@…
outdent artwork because of width issue, regen ABNF appendix
10:14 Changeset [836] by julian.reschke@…
fix broken section reference
10:02 Changeset [835] by julian.reschke@…
fix two broken section references

02/07/10:

00:03 Changeset [834] by mnot@…
Clarify caching of authenticated responses by shared caches (see #174)

01/07/10:

23:58 Changeset [833] by mnot@…
dos2unix (osx was getting hung up on the #!'s M)
13:30 Changeset [832] by julian.reschke@…
Bump up document dates, update to latest version of rfc2629.xslt

29/06/10:

22:00 Ticket #214 (Content-Language definition) created by mnot@…
2616 defines Content-Language as: The "Content-Language" …
17:11 Changeset [831] by julian.reschke@…
Say a bit more about the fact that some clients do sniff, and why this …
17:02 Ticket #213 (What is the value space of HTTP status codes?) created by mnot@…
p1 defines HTTP status codes as "a 3-digit integer result code" with …

27/06/10:

12:33 Changeset [830] by julian.reschke@…
fix Henrik Frystyk Nielsen citation
Note: See TracTimeline for information about the timeline view.